The International Ministries program at Davis College prepares leaders to serve globally in Christian missions agencies with cultural relevance and a biblical worldview. The program provides graduates with ministry and professional training for careers in areas such as: Missions, International Relations, Relief Agency Assistance, Language Translation, Church Planting, Discipleship, Human Services.
The International Ministries program provides training through courses and hands-on experience in:
Human Needs Assistance
The International Ministries program is designed to give both a general overview of the whole field of missions and a specialization that will enable students to function effectively in the missions area of their choice. The programs have been designed for individuals planning to serve cross-culturally.
In addition to the educational objectives of the College, the student graduating from the International Ministries major will be able to:
- Understand the biblical and balanced correlation of world missions and the local church.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the biblical foundation and history of missions.
- Demonstrate skills in the use of tools and techniques for the propagation of the Gospel.
- Demonstrate an understanding of variations in cultures around the world and give evidence of understanding how to adjust to life within these cultures.
- Demonstrate sufficient preparation to be approved and accepted by a fundamental mission agency.
About this Program:
Greetings from Professor
Courses by Semester
Since the founding of Davis College in 1900, graduates have ministered in the local church and around the world as missionaries. From the mountains of Kentucky and deserts of the North American West, to Russia, South America, China, India, Africa, Europe and beyond, visionary servant-leaders carried the message of Christ with a heart for the hurting. The same commitment to train men and women for specialized Christian service continues today on our campus.
Whether your goal is to be a missionary, or to serve in an international relief agency providing human needs assistance, Davis College offers culturally relevant global ministry training through the International Ministries concentration.