Teaching English as a Second Language One Year Certificate
(Does Not Lead to New York State Teacher Certification or Certification in Education Leadership)
The One-Year Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language is a 24-hour, two-semester program that provides the specialized courses that are part of the BRE degree program concentration in TESL.
The one-year TESL certificate program is especially attractive to those individuals coming from other institutions who already possess a bachelors degree or equivalent and want to engage in a concentrated program of study in TESL. Scholarship information for international students interested in this program is available.
What can you do with a TESL One Year Certificate?
- Teach ESL to adults in the United States
- Teach ESL to school children in many countries outside the United States
- Teach EFL to adults outside the United States
- Teach ESL or EFL in volunteer programs overseas
- Added to a Bachelor's degree in education, teach K-12 ESL in the United States
- Added to a Master's degree, teach ESL in higher education in the United States
For more information about the TESL One Year Certificate or the TESL Concentration, please contact Professor Bonnie Novak, Chairperson of the TESL Concentration.
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure 2010-2011
Program Name: 1-Year Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate
CIP Code: 39.0201
SOC Code: 21-2021
Missionary, Religious leader/teacher/director, Non-traditional English teacher
O*Net Link to occupational profiles:
(This program takes two full-time semesters to complete)
Tuition and fees $10670
Books and Supplies $800
Room and Board $6300
Total Estimated Cost $17770
- Number of graduates: 2
- On-time completion rate: For the privacy of our students, we cannot disclose this information.
Job Placement rate of graduates:
Not available at this time
Median loan debt of graduates:
For the privacy of our students, we cannot disclose this information.